What is CAPA-IVF?
- CAPA-IVF* is a disruptive new fertility technology.
- CAPA-IVF enables a more natural way of obtaining mature oocytes for IVF and social freezing without the burden and risks of systemic ovarian stimulation.
- CAPA-IVF aims to provide an alternative safe and effective option for infertile couples, and when seeking oocytes and embryo preservation for future fertility.
* US and European patents granted in 2019, Chinese patent pending
* * Voung et al., Human Reproduction 2020
Principle of CAPA-IVF – Treating the oocyte
Key Publications in CAPA-IVF
- Romero S, et al.: Immature oocytes from unprimed juvenile mice become a valuable source for embryo production when using c-type natriuretic peptide as essential component of culture medium.
Biol Reprod. 2016;95:64.
- Sanchez F, et al.: An improved IVM method for cumulus-oocyte complexes from small follicles in polycystic ovary syndrome patients enhances oocyte competence and embryo yield.
Hum Reprod. 2017;32:2056-68.
- Saenz De Juano MD, et al.: DNA methylation and mRNA expression of imprinted genes in blastocysts derived from an improved IVM method for oocytes from small follicles in PCOS patients.
Hum Reprod. 2019: Aug 9. pii: dez121.
Proof-of-concept: standard IVM versus CAPA-IVF (n= 40)
- Sanchez F, et al.: Biphasic in vitro maturation (CAPA-IVM) specifically improves the developmental capacity of oocytes from small antral follicles.
Journal of Assist Reprod Genet. 2019 Aug 9. doi: 10.1007/s10815-019-01551-5.
Randomized clinical trial: standard IVM versus CAPA-IVF (n = 80)
- Vuong L. , et al.: Live Births after oocyte in vitro maturation with prematuration step in women with polycystic ovary syndrome.
Journal of Assist Reprod Genet. 2020, 37(2):347-357.
Randomized clinical trial: standard IVF versus CAPA-IVF in ICSI (n = 546)
- Vuong L, et al.: In-vitro maturation of oocytes versus conventional IVF in women with infertility and a high antral follicle count: a randomized non-inferiority controlled trial.
Hum Reprod. 2020 Nov 1;35(11):2537-2547.